Halloween has officially started at our house. We took an impromptu trip to Lakeview Farms Sunday and ended up having a really good time. We took a small boat ride, a train ride, saw ponies, got the kids's faces painted, went in a small hay bale maze and found the perfect pumpkin. After all that, we went and had pizza at some place (I'm not sure of the name) that had tons of toys for the kids. There were scooters, slides, jump houses and some huge slides. I even had fun climbing my way up to the top of the slides to come down fast.

Kelsey found herself a tiny pumpkin, so I had to get a big one for "me" so she wouldn't be sad when we couldn't carve hers. She definitely isn't in the US mindset of "bigger and better". She knew from the get go that she wanted a tiny one and couldn't be persuaded to get a little bigger one.

Treovr had the help from daddy to find a big one that wasn't rotten. We couldn't find a nonrotten pumpkin for the first ten minutes we were looking.

Trevor chose a boat and Kelsey chose a heart for the face painting, and both sat very still.

We got their costumes, and of course they have to play in them every single moment. I finally cut them off and told them to save them for Halloween. After that they can have a hay day in them.
No comments:
Post a Comment